STANDARD NYLON AMERICAN FLAG
At Flags USA, our standard nylon American flags:
- Are the most economical of our three nylon American flag styles. (The other styles are Nyl-Glo and Signature.)
- Are 100% MADE IN THE USA—not just assembled in the USA, but manufactured here, too.
- Are suitable for indoor or outdoor use.
- Have stripes that are sewn together using a specialty thread and a durable lock stitch.
- Smaller flags (6'x10' and smaller):
- Have embroidered stars.
- Are finished with a strong duck fabric heading and two #2 solid brass grommets.
- Larger flags (8'x12' and larger):
- Have appliqued stars that are sewn (rather than glued).
- Are finished with a rope heading and two galvanized steel thimbles.
- Have additional rows of stitching added to the fly end to increase durability.
- Have additional grommets added on the heading. (The number of grommets is determined by the size of the flag. See chart below.)
WHICH TYPE OF FLAG/MATERIAL SHOULD I CHOOSE FOR MY OUTDOOR FLAG?
CLICK HERE to see a helpful chart.
DO I NEED BEADED RETAINER RINGS?
If you are flying your flag outdoors, we recommend using Beaded Retainer Rings at the bottom thimble and at every grommet. These rings distribute the stress along the whole length of the flag, which prolongs the life of the flag. (See chart below to determine quantity you will need.)
PURCHASING A FLAG 8'x12' OR LARGER?
If you are purchasing a flag 8'x12' or larger, you will need to secure each thimble and grommet to the halyard (rope) using a snaphook. For flags up to 15'x25', we recommend Brass Swivel Snaphooks in the 4.75" size. For flags 20'x30' and larger, we recommend Stainless Steel Snaphooks for Large Flags. (See chart below to determine quantity you will need.)
Do you have a question about flags or flag accessories?
At Flags USA, American-made flags and flag accessories have been our specialty since we opened our doors--over thirty years ago. We've accumulated a lot of knowledge in those years so, go ahead, give us a call at 866-879-1776. We will do our best to answer your question.
Lasted well over a year flying proudly in my yard.
I picked this as an economical American made option for teaching my child how to properly fold an American flag. The nylon is slippery for such a task, but a heavier fabric with more friction was too expensive for this purpose.
Beautiful flag, it is already flying. Well made.
Great product, size matches our state flag and material lasts in all weather. Perfect size for our flagpoles .
Wonderful flag and it's made in the USA. I am veteran and love a new flag
Well made, with brass grommets. Previous one lasted a long time in a sunny, windy environment.
I ordered this flag because I love the stitching and embroidery and the authenticity of the flag being made in the good ole USA! It is beautiful, a size smaller than the traditional 3 x 5 because this one will be going onto a tiny faux farm house inspired concession stand! I paired it with a black flag pole with finial and its Beautiful! Flags USA take pride in their flags as they should. I received the item very quickly. I am so happy with my purchase!
Flags arrived and were great quality and look great flying in my front yard.
Excellent quality. Great stitching, solid fabric, strong enough to add hanging grommets. Highly recommend.