STANDARD NYLON AMERICAN FLAG
At Flags USA, our standard nylon American flags:
- Are the most economical of our three nylon American flag styles. (The other styles are Nyl-Glo and Signature.)
- Are 100% MADE IN THE USA—not just assembled in the USA, but manufactured here, too.
- Are suitable for indoor or outdoor use.
- Have stripes that are sewn together using a specialty thread and a durable lock stitch.
- Smaller flags (6'x10' and smaller):
- Have embroidered stars.
- Are finished with a strong duck fabric heading and two #2 solid brass grommets.
- Larger flags (8'x12' and larger):
- Have appliqued stars that are sewn (rather than glued).
- Are finished with a rope heading and two galvanized steel thimbles.
- Have additional rows of stitching added to the fly end to increase durability.
- Have additional grommets added on the heading. (The number of grommets is determined by the size of the flag. See chart below.)
WHICH TYPE OF FLAG/MATERIAL SHOULD I CHOOSE FOR MY OUTDOOR FLAG?
CLICK HERE to see a helpful chart.
DO I NEED BEADED RETAINER RINGS?
If you are flying your flag outdoors, we recommend using Beaded Retainer Rings at the bottom thimble and at every grommet. These rings distribute the stress along the whole length of the flag, which prolongs the life of the flag. (See chart below to determine quantity you will need.)
PURCHASING A FLAG 8'x12' OR LARGER?
If you are purchasing a flag 8'x12' or larger, you will need to secure each thimble and grommet to the halyard (rope) using a snaphook. For flags up to 15'x25', we recommend Brass Swivel Snaphooks in the 4.75" size. For flags 20'x30' and larger, we recommend Stainless Steel Snaphooks for Large Flags. (See chart below to determine quantity you will need.)
Do you have a question about flags or flag accessories?
At Flags USA, American-made flags and flag accessories have been our specialty since we opened our doors--over thirty years ago. We've accumulated a lot of knowledge in those years so, go ahead, give us a call at 866-879-1776. We will do our best to answer your question.
So I bought a cheap flag...andnin less than a year it was faded and literally reduced to rags. I bought this flag and it was still affordable yet the quality of the product is extraordinary. Its a beautiful flag, its bright and bold and I am so happy with it.
Perfect for my front porch standard. I have bought many flags from you for my former position with the Vietnam Veterans of America and I have never been disappointed. Keep up the great work.
It was time to replace an old American flag. FlagsUSA made it simple to find exactly what I needed, and it was made in America, as it should be. No need to go anywhere else.
This is our 3rd flag we have ordered from you. We love the quality and the promptness of sending it to us. We will continue to order our flags from you
Came next day. Less than 12 hours after ordering.
Looks great! Stripes are stitched together, the stars are embroidered, and the nylon fabric is heavier than other flags I have bought.
This is one of several purchases from FlagsUSA I continue to be impressed with the quality and speedy delivery.
Looks great! Rec’d it quickly! Made in USA!!
I am very pleased with my flag including the quality and speed of delivery