STANDARD POLYESTER AMERICAN FLAG
At Flags USA, our standard polyester American flags:
- Are the most economical of our three polyester American flag styles. (The other styles are Tough-Tex and Duratex.)
- Are 100% MADE IN THE USA—not just assembled in the USA, but manufactured here, too.
- For outdoor use.
- Recommended for display in areas with frequent high-wind conditions.
- Have stripes that are sewn together using a specialty thread and a durable lock stitch.
- Smaller flags (6'x10' and smaller):
- Have embroidered stars.
- Are finished with a strong duck fabric heading and two #2 solid brass grommets.
- Larger flags (8'x12' and larger):
- Have appliqued stars that are sewn (rather than glued).
- Are finished with a rope heading and two galvanized steel thimbles.
- Have additional rows of stitching added to the fly end to increase durability.
- Have additional grommets added on the heading. (The number of grommets is determined by the size of the flag. See chart below.)
WHICH TYPE OF FLAG/MATERIAL SHOULD I CHOOSE FOR MY OUTDOOR FLAG?
CLICK HERE to see a helpful chart.
DO I NEED BEADED RETAINER RINGS?
If you are flying your flag outdoors, we recommend using Beaded Retainer Rings at the bottom thimble and at every grommet. These rings distribute the stress along the whole length of the flag, which prolongs the life of the flag. (See chart below to determine quantity you will need.)
PURCHASING A FLAG 8'x12' OR LARGER?
If you are purchasing a flag 8'x12' or larger, you will need to secure each thimble and grommet to the halyard (rope) using a snaphook. For flags up to 15'x25', we recommend Brass Swivel Snaphooks in the 4.75" size. For flags 20'x30' and larger, we recommend Stainless Steel Snaphooks for Large Flags. (See chart below to determine quantity you will need.)
DO YOU HAVE FLAG QUESTIONS?
At Flags USA, we've been selling flags and flag accessories for over thirty years;
If you have a question, we probably have an answer. Give us a call.
I meant to ask when I ordered the flag if there was warranty and military discount Thank You for your time
I chose the polyester flag for it's durability. So I guess we'll see how well it fares being flown 24/7/365 after about 6 months, which is how long my average nylon flags last.
High quality stitched stars and stripes.
Everything you need a flag to be, with nice stitching and solid fabric. Will buy no other than a USA made flag.
This flag is excellent quality - very heavy duty to withstand wind. And i love that it's made in the USA
Second flag I have purchased! Excellentquality! Putting new one up July 4
This flag is well-made with top quality materials. I’m proud to have a flag of this quality flying at my house. I definitely recommend this flag to anyone who wants a quality flag!
Ordered on-line which was very easy. Was looking for a flag manufactured in the USA- PERFECT. I was so happy when I saw the WHICH FLAG SHOULD I BUY that advised me to go w/ polyester I was so happy. Our flags take a beating!