CONNECTICUT STATE FLAG - FRINGED
At Flags USA, our Connecticut flags with fringe are:
- 100% MADE IN THE USA—not just assembled in the USA, but manufactured here, too.
- A dyed design that conforms to official state specifications.
- Digitally printed on 200 denier nylon material.
- Finished with a pole sleeve. (The pole sleeve—sometimes called a pole hem—can be used instead of grommets to hang a flag indoors; it slides onto any of our indoor flagpoles, and a small tab sewn inside the sleeve is used to attach the flag to the pole.)
- Trimmed with gold fringe. (These flags are NOT recommended for outdoor use because the fringe is not colorfast nor is it stitched to the material in a manner that will withstand windy conditions.)
- Suitable for INDOOR USE ONLY.
- Typically used for ceremonies or for display in auditoriums, in courtrooms, on stages, or on podiums.
- Ships in one to three business days.
CONNECTICUT FLAG FACTS
On January 9, 1788, Connecticut became the fifth colony to ratify the U.S. Constitution. Although Connecticut displayed a flag that was generally accepted as its official state flag, the specifications were not made official until they were adopted into law by the Connecticut General Assembly in 1897. Getting the specifications written into law was prompted by the Anna Warner Bailey Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution, who persuaded Governor Coffin in 1895 to propose to the Connecticut General Assembly that an official flag be adopted.
One of the most prominent features in the shield, the three grape vines, are believed to originate from a seal Colonel George Fenwick brought from England is 1639. Many believe that the grapevines represent the three colonies, New Haven, Saybrook and Connecticut (Hartford) that merged as Connecticut by 1665.
The banner that reads Qui Transtulit Sustinet (Latin: “He who transplanted continues to sustain”) was also taken from Fenwick’s seal.
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?
At Flags USA, we've been selling flags and flag accessories for over thirty years so, if you have a question, we probably have an answer. Give us a call at 866-879-1776.