Delaware - State Flag - For Outdoor Use
We have this Delawarean state flag available in two materials, so, no matter what the weather conditions are in your area, we've got you covered! The standard finishing for outdoor use is with heading and grommets.
- 100% Made in the USA - This means that our flags are manufactured and assembled here in the USA, with materials made in the USA. Made in the USA has been our guiding principle since Flags USA was established in 1987.
- Heading and Grommet Style - This flag has a sturdy duck cloth heading and two #2 solid brass grommets.
- Choice of Nylon or Polyester Material - We offer this flag in two materials. The nylon version is available in more sizes than the polyester version, however. (See below for help deciding which material you should choose.)
Do you have a question about flags, flag accessories, or flagpoles?
Here at Flags USA, American-made flags and flag accessories have been our specialty since we opened our doors over thirty years ago. Our goal is to see that you are equipped with the flags and accessories that best suit your needs. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 866-879-1776.
Delaware - Flag Facts
The Delaware Flag was adopted on July 24, 1913 and the flag is rich with references to Delaware’s importance in early American history. Delaware was the first state to ratify the Constitution and to become the first state on December 7, 1787. The blue and buff colors of General George Washington’s uniform, and some regiments of the revolution are represented by the colonial blue background color and the buff diamond center of the Delaware flag.
The diamond is a reference to the state’s early nickname “the Diamond State.”
The state’s coat of arms within the diamond symbolizes many industries important to Delaware and its history:The Delaware River provided a major route for commerce and transportation.
- The ship symbolizes Delaware’s reliance on its sea trade and its ship building.
- The farmer, wheat, corn and ox indicate that farming and agriculture plays a central role in the State of Delaware’s economy.
- The militiaman pays tribute to the importance of the Revolutionary War soldiers.
- The motto “Liberty and Independence” was added in 1847.