Idaho - State Flag - For Outdoor Use
We have this Idahoan state flag available in two materials, so, no matter what the weather conditions are in your area, we've got you covered! The standard finishing for outdoor use is with heading and grommets.
- 100% Made in the USA - This means that our flags are manufactured and assembled here in the USA, with materials made in the USA. Made in the USA has been our guiding principle since Flags USA was established in 1987.
- Heading and Grommet Style - This flag has a sturdy duck cloth heading and two #2 solid brass grommets.
- Choice of Nylon or Polyester Material - We offer this flag in two materials. The nylon version is available in more sizes than the polyester version, however. (See below for help deciding which material you should choose.)
Do you have a question about flags, flag accessories, or flagpoles?
Here at Flags USA, American-made flags and flag accessories have been our specialty since we opened our doors over thirty years ago. Our goal is to see that you are equipped with the flags and accessories that best suit your needs. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 866-879-1776.
Idaho - Flag Facts
The Idaho flag was originally designed in 1907 and adopted in 1927 when the seal of the State of Idaho, designed by Emma Edwards Green in 1891, was modified for the flag and added to it. The current Idaho Flag was updated in 1957.
The Idaho flag consists of the state seal on a dark blue background. "STATE OF IDAHO" is in gold letters below the seal. The design emphasizes Idaho's main industries: mining, agriculture and forestry, as depicted by:
- The Greek goddess Themis, represents justice with the scales and spear which is covered by a liberty cap
- A man, holding items representing Idaho’s mining industry
- Cornucopia, vegetables, fruit and wheat represent abundance and agriculture
- Pine tree represents the natural resources and forestry
- The mountainous landscape and the Snake River are portrayed
- An elk represents the many wildlife species in Idaho
- The banner states: “Esto perpetua” ("may it endure forever").
The outer ring of the seal contains the text "Great Seal of the State of Idaho" with the white star.
The bottom banner contains “STATE OF IDAHO."