MICHIGAN STATE FLAG - POLE SLEEVE
At Flags USA, our Michigan flags with pole sleeve are:
- 100% MADE IN THE USA—not just assembled in the USA, but manufactured here, too.
- A dyed design that conforms to official state specifications.
- Digitally printed on 200 denier nylon material.
- Finished with a pole sleeve. (The pole sleeve—sometimes called a pole hem—can be used instead of grommets to hang a flag indoors; it slides onto any of our indoor flagpoles, and a small tab sewn inside the sleeve is used to attach the flag to the pole.)
- Best used indoors.
- Ships in three to five business days.
MICHIGAN FLAG FACTS
Michigan’s current flag was adopted in 1911. The Legislature described the flag to have only the Michigan Coat of Arms on a blue background. Michigan’s Coat of Arms was created in 1835 by Lewis Cass, but not adopted by the Legislature until 1911, and contains:
- At the top, a red banner contains the motto “E Pluribus Unum” (from many, one) which is also the motto of the United States, reflected in the inclusion of the bald eagle below it
- The eagle holds an olive branch and arrows in its talons, representing the United States
- In the center, an elk and a moose support a shield, representing Michigan
- The shield shows a lake with a yellow sun rising over the blue waters
- The man is standing on a peninsula has one hand raised in a greeting of friendship and the other hand holds a rifle
- On the shield itself is written “Tuebor” (I will defend), reinforced by the arrows in the Eagle’s talons and the rifle in the man’s hand
- Beneath the shield is a banner with the motto “Si Quaeris Peninsulam Amoenam Circumspice” (If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you). This is supported pictorially by the sun’s warmth, the man's greeting and the olive branches grasped by the Bald Eagle.
The Seal of the State of Michigan is identical to the Coat of Arms, but the Seal has the addition of a circle saying “THE GREAT SEAL OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, A.D. MDCCCXXXV.”
Official Pledge to Michigan State Flag
I pledge allegiance to the flag of Michigan,
and to the state for which it stands,
Two beautiful peninsulas united by a bridge of steel,
where equal opportunity and justice to all is our ideal.
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?
At Flags USA, we've been selling flags and flag accessories for over thirty years so, if you have a question, we probably have an answer. Give us a call at 866-879-1776.