Mississippi - Historic State Flag - 12"x18" - For Outdoor Use
On November 3, 2020, a new Mississippian flag design was approved by the state's voters. This flag features the old--now historic--Mississippian flag design. It has a heading and grommet finish.
- 100% MADE IN THE USA - Our flags are not only assembled here in the USA; They are manufactured in the USA, too.
- FLAG MATERIAL - We use a tightly woven, high-quality, 200-denier nylon material. In most weather conditions, nylon is the ideal material for an all-purpose flag. (If your flag will be flown in high-wind conditions, consider picking a polyester flag instead of nylon.) Our nylon flags have a lustrous appearance, are lightweight enough to fly in the slightest breeze, and dry quickly after getting wet.
- FLAG FINISH - This flag has a heavy canvas heading and solid brass grommets.
- FLAG SIZE - This flag is 12"x18".
- INTENDED USE - This flag is designed for outdoor use.
Mississippi Flag Facts
Mississippi was granted statehood on December 10, 1817.
In 1861, Mississippi voted to secede from the Union. For a few weeks, the Bonnie Blue flag was flown until the Mississippi secession convention adopted a design which contained a Magnolia tree on a white background with the Bonnie Blue star on a blue background in the upper left corner (canton). In addition, they flew the flags of the Confederate States of America from 1861 to 1865.
In 1894, the Mississippi legislation authorized a committee to design an official state flag. The proposed design was approved by a vote of nearly two to one. It contained:
- Three horizontal stripes (blue, white, red)
- At the upper left corner (canton) is a red square (its height is equivalent to the two top stripes)
- Within the square is what is usually called the Confederate battle flag, or the "union square"
- The canton has a red background with a blue cross, bordered in white, and thirteen, five-pointed stars
Over the years, a number of changes in the design were proposed with the intention of removing the Confederate battle flag from the Mississippi flag. The proposals all failed until November 3, 2020, when a new design featuring a magnolia flower was approved by Mississippian voters.
Pledge to the Mississippi State Flag
"I salute the flag of Mississippi and the sovereign state for which it stands with pride in her history and achievements and with confidence in her future under the guidance of Almighty God."
Do you have a question about flags, flagpoles, or flag accessories?
Flags USA has been in business for over thirty years. Since the day we opened our doors, we have specialized in American-made flag products, and our goal has been to equip our customers with the products that best match their needs. We would be glad to help you. Just give us a call at 866-879-1776.