Mississippi - State Flag - For Outdoor Use
We are sorry about the delay but the 3x5’ Nylon Mississippi flags are very behind in production. Typically fulfilling orders is never a problem for us. This is an unusual year for the U.S. manufacturers due to closing down the states and trying to play catch up during busy season and now the high demand for the Mississippi flags. There is only one U.S. manufacturer producing the MS flags.
2x3' & 5x8' Nylon flags will be available to ship around 8/24.
3x5' Nylon - IN STOCK
4x6' Nylon - IN STOCK
3x5', 4x6', 5x8' Polyester - IN STOCK
These items are also in stock:
We have this Mississippian state flag available in two materials, so, no matter what the weather conditions are in your area, we've got you covered! The standard finishing for outdoor use is with heading and grommets.
- 100% Made in the USA - This means that our flags are manufactured and assembled here in the USA, with materials made in the USA. Made in the USA has been our guiding principle since Flags USA was established in 1987.
- Heading and Grommet Style - This flag has a sturdy duck cloth heading and two #2 solid brass grommets.
- Choice of Nylon or Polyester Material - We offer this flag in two materials. The nylon version is available in more sizes than the polyester version, however. (See below for help deciding which material you should choose.)
Do you have a question about flags, flag accessories, or flagpoles?
Here at Flags USA, American-made flags and flag accessories have been our specialty since we opened our doors over thirty years ago. Our goal is to see that you are equipped with the flags and accessories that best suit your needs. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 866-879-1776.
Mississippi - Flag Facts
Mississippi was granted statehood on December 10, 1817.
In 1861, Mississippi voted to secede from the Union. For a few weeks the Bonnie Blue flag was flown until the Mississippi secession convention adopted a design which contained a Magnolia tree on a white background with the Bonnie Blue star on a blue background in the upper left corner (canton). In addition, they flew the flags of the Confederate States of America from 1861 to 1865.
In 1894 Mississippi legislation authorized a committee to design an official state flag. The flag contains:
- three horizontal stripes (blue, white, red)
- the upper left corner (canton) is a red square (its height is equivalent to the two top stripes)
- within the square is what is usually called the Confederate battle flag, or the "union square"
- the canton has a red background with a blue cross, bordered in white, and thirteen, five-pointed stars
Over the years, a number of changes in the design have been proposed with the intention of removing the Confederate battle flag from the Mississippi flag. In 2001 a new design was proposed and voted on. The original 1984 flag was approved by a vote of nearly 2 to 1.
Pledge to the Mississippi State Flag:
"I salute the flag of Mississippi and the sovereign state for which it stands with pride in her history and achievements and with confidence in her future under the guidance of Almighty God."
7 Reviews Write a Review
Great service, Great Quality, Made in the USA! I will definitely order again!
Very pleased with my purchase of one of your nylon state flags. Excellent quality...beautiful!
Best flag I have ever purchased 2 thumbs up
Good quality Flag. I'd definitely recommend this site to anyone.
I really like the product. Service was quick. I will use this site again when I need another flag.
This flag is beautiful! Good weight, and best of all, made in America. Just ordered another one after seeing the quality of this one. An absolute 10/10. Thank you!
Really good quality colors are bright and crisp looking, not cheap. Very well made will be buying more. Highly recommended