Pennsylvania - State Flag - For Outdoor Use
We have this Pennsylvanian state flag available in two materials, so, no matter what the weather conditions are in your area, we've got you covered! The standard finishing for outdoor use is with heading and grommets.
- 100% Made in the USA - This means that our flags are manufactured and assembled here in the USA, with materials made in the USA. Made in the USA has been our guiding principle since Flags USA was established in 1987.
- Heading and Grommet Style - This flag has a sturdy duck cloth heading and two #2 solid brass grommets.
- Choice of Nylon or Polyester Material - We offer this flag in two materials. The nylon version is available in more sizes than the polyester version, however. (See below for help deciding which material you should choose.)
Do you have a question about flags, flag accessories, or flagpoles?
Here at Flags USA, American-made flags and flag accessories have been our specialty since we opened our doors over thirty years ago. Our goal is to see that you are equipped with the flags and accessories that best suit your needs. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 866-879-1776.
Pennsylvania - Flag Facts
Pennsylvania gained statehood in 1787 and the state officially adopted their flag in 1799. The flag consists of:
- The background color is Old Glory Blue, the same blue as the U.S. flag
- An American eagle sitting on top of the coat of arms represents strength, sovereignty and loyalty to the United States
- Draft horses on either side of the coat of arms represents agriculture and the state’s wealth of natural resources.
- Beneath the shield on the left is a stalk of Indian corn for prosperity
- Beneath the shield to the right is an olive branch for peace
- The state motto VIRTUE LIBERTY AND INDEPENDENCE is written on the scroll beneath the shield
- Pennsylvania's coat of arms is at the center of the seal, depicting:
- A sailing ship, for commerce
- A plow, for agriculture and natural resources
- Three sheaves of wheat, for fertile fields