PENNSYLVANIA STATE FLAG - OUTDOOR
At Flags USA, our Pennsylvania flags for outdoor use are:
- 100% MADE IN THE USA—not just assembled in the USA, but manufactured here, too.
- A dyed design that conforms to official state specifications.
- Digitally printed on your choice of either 200 denier nylon material or two-ply polyester material.
- Finished with a strong duck fabric heading and two #2 solid brass grommets.
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use.
- Ships in one to three business days.
SHOULD I CHOOSE NYLON OR POLYESTER MATERIAL FOR MY OUTDOOR FLAG?
NYLON - The ideal material for most flag displays. The 200 denier nylon material we use to make our flags is tightly woven so it will fly in the slightest breeze, yet it is strong enough for most weather conditions. Nylon flags are lightweight, dry quickly, and have a rich, lustrous appearance.
POLYESTER - A good choice for areas with frequent windy conditions. The two-ply polyester material we use to make our flags has an open weave. The open weave allows wind to flow through the material resulting in a flag that will wear exceptionally well and look great. Polyester flags are ideal for use in areas where windy conditions will cause a nylon flag to deteriorate very quickly.
PLEASE NOTE: If you wish your flag display to have a consistent look, we recommend using the same material for all flags displayed together. Not all flags are available in polyester. If one or more of the flags you need is not available, it may be necessary to use nylon flags to achieve a consistent look.
PENNSYLVANIA FLAG FACTS
Pennsylvania gained statehood in 1787 and the state officially adopted their flag in 1799. The flag consists of:
- The background color is Old Glory Blue, the same blue as the U.S. flag
- An American eagle sitting on top of the coat of arms represents strength, sovereignty and loyalty to the United States
- Draft horses on either side of the coat of arms represents agriculture and the state’s wealth of natural resources.
- Beneath the shield on the left is a stalk of Indian corn for rosperity li>Beneath the shield to the right is an olive branch for peace
- The state motto VIRTUE LIBERTY AND INDEPENDENCE is written on the scroll beneath the shield
- Pennsylvania's coat of arms is at the center of the seal, depicting:
- A sailing ship, for commerce
- A plow, for agriculture and natural resources
- Three sheaves of wheat, for fertile fields
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?
At Flags USA, we've been selling flags and flag accessories for over thirty years so, if you have a question, we probably have an answer. Give us a call at 866-879-1776.