TOUGH-TEX POLYESTER AMERICAN FLAG
At Flags USA, our Tough-Tex polyester American flags:
- Are not only durable but are also the most colorfast of our three styles. (The other styles are Standard Polyester and Duratex.)
- Come with a one-year colorfast guarantee; The red won't turn orange, and the blue won't turn purple. (The guarantee does not cover wear and tear.)
- Are 100% MADE IN THE USA — not just assembled in the USA, but manufactured here, too.
- Are made with an open-weave, two-ply polyester material.
- Are recommended for outdoor use.
- Have stripes that are sewn together using a specialty thread and have extra reinforcing on the fly end.
- Smaller flags (12'x18' and smaller):
- Have embroidered stars.
- Are finished with a strong duck fabric heading and two #2 solid brass grommets.
- Larger flags (15'x25' and larger):
- Have appliqued stars that are sewn (rather than glued).
- Are finished with a rope heading and two galvanized steel thimbles.
- Have additional rows of stitching added to the fly end to increase durability.
- Have additional grommets added on the heading. (The number of grommets is determined by the size of the flag. See chart below.)
WHICH TYPE OF FLAG/MATERIAL SHOULD I CHOOSE FOR MY OUTDOOR FLAG?
CLICK HERE to see a helpful chart.
DO I NEED BEADED RETAINER RINGS?
If you are flying your flag outdoors, we recommend using Beaded Retainer Rings at the bottom thimble and at every grommet. These rings distribute the stress along the whole length of the flag, which prolongs the life of the flag. (See chart below to determine quantity you will need.)
PURCHASING A FLAG 8'x12' OR LARGER?
If you are purchasing a flag 8'x12' or larger, you will need to secure each thimble and grommet to the halyard (rope) using a snaphook. For flags up to 15'x25', we recommend Brass Swivel Snaphooks in the 4.75" size. For flags 20'x30' and larger, we recommend Stainless Steel Snaphooks for Large Flags. (See chart below to determine quantity you will need.)
|3'x5' thru 6'x10'||2||-||2||2||-|
DO YOU HAVE FLAG QUESTIONS?
At Flags USA, we've been selling flags and flag accessories for over thirty years;
If you have a question, we probably have an answer. Give us a call.
12 Reviews Write a Review
Happy with this purchase. Can't imagine flying a flag not made in the USA!
As a Veteran this flags colors are superb. This heavy flag holds up in the wind. It is Beautiful to display. It is raised at sunup and lowered at sundown. Very impressed. It will be interesting to see if it holds its beauty. This is my fourth flag in 2 years.
These are the best buy ever ! they out last big box store flags !
This is the 3rd flag i've purchased in the last five years,as they last about 1 1/2 years and are stilll not torn or ripped, just a little faded.
Great quality and great service.
After 5 months of 24 hour use it’s pretty faded and needs replaced. Just FYI for those that are looking to buy.
You can tell by the feel that this Flag is made to last. It's bright colors really stand out. I searched for the best & longest lasting & this was at the top.
Have been flown the Tough Fag for over 3 years. We live in the Southern Cal and between the 55+ mile a hour winds and the 90+ degree weather we have been very happy with the way it has held up.
This is a very nice, high quality flag. Highly recommend it. And it's made in the USA!
This flag is exactly as advertised! It is beautiful! Beautifully embroidered stars and bright colors. I could not be happier!
We live up on a hill and get a lot of wind. We usually have to replace run of the mill flags every 6-8 weeks. We are thrilled to say that we have had this flag up for almost a year and it is still flying proud and strong. No frays or tears and colors are still just a bright as the day we hung the flag. It was a little more expensive but it was well worth it. We will be back when we need another! Judy was an excellent help in choosing this flag after describing our difficulties. I intentionally waited to do this review to see if what she told me would pan out and it did!