WEST VIRGINIA STATE FLAG - FRINGED
At Flags USA, our West Virginia flags with fringe are:
- 100% MADE IN THE USA—not just assembled in the USA, but manufactured here, too.
- A dyed design that conforms to official state specifications.
- Digitally printed on 200 denier nylon material.
- Finished with a pole sleeve. (The pole sleeve—sometimes called a pole hem—can be used instead of grommets to hang a flag indoors; it slides onto any of our indoor flagpoles, and a small tab sewn inside the sleeve is used to attach the flag to the pole.)
- Trimmed with gold fringe. (These flags are NOT recommended for outdoor use because the fringe is not colorfast nor is it stitched to the material in a manner that will withstand windy conditions.)
- Suitable for INDOOR USE ONLY.
- Typically used for ceremonies or for display in auditoriums, in courtrooms, on stages, or on podiums.
- Ships in one to three business days.
WEST VIRGINIA FLAG FACTS
West Virginia was granted statehood in1863 and became 35th state to join the union. The State flag was adopted in 1929. The flag consists of:
- A white background representing purity
- The surrounding blue border represents the United States
- A red ribbon banner above the coat of arms has STATE OF WEST VIRGINIA written in black
- The State Coat of Arms in the center consists of:
- A large boulder in the center commemorating the date West Virginia became a state by having June 20, 1863 inscribed on it
- In addition, the boulder is a reminder that most of West Virginia is mountainous
- The man on the left representing farming and forestry as he holds an axe and has a hand on the plough with corn and grain behind him
- The man on the right holds a pickaxe with a blacksmith’s tools, anvil and barrels behind him representing mining and industry
- In front of the rock are two crossed rifles, symbols of hunting, but with the liberty cap, it also indicates that West Virginia is prepared to protect its freedom
- The state motto “Montani Semper Liberi” (Mountaineers are always free) is written on a red ribbon below the coat of arms
- The seal is framed with gold trim
- A wreath of Rhododendron, the state flower, surrounds the coat of arms
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?
At Flags USA, we've been selling flags and flag accessories for over thirty years so, if you have a question, we probably have an answer. Give us a call at 866-879-1776.