West Virginia - State Flag - For Outdoor Use
We have this West Virginian state flag available in two materials, so, no matter what the weather conditions are in your area, we've got you covered! The standard finishing for outdoor use is with heading and grommets.
- 100% Made in the USA - This means that our flags are manufactured and assembled here in the USA, with materials made in the USA. Made in the USA has been our guiding principle since Flags USA was established in 1987.
- Heading and Grommet Style - This flag has a sturdy duck cloth heading and two #2 solid brass grommets.
- Choice of Nylon or Polyester Material - We offer this flag in two materials. The nylon version is available in more sizes than the polyester version, however. (See below for help deciding which material you should choose.)
Do you have a question about flags, flag accessories, or flagpoles?
Here at Flags USA, American-made flags and flag accessories have been our specialty since we opened our doors over thirty years ago. Our goal is to see that you are equipped with the flags and accessories that best suit your needs. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 866-879-1776.
West Virginia - Flag Facts
West Virginia was granted statehood in1863 and became the 35th state to join the union. The State flag was adopted in 1929. The flag consists of:
- A white background representing purity
- The surrounding blue border representing the United States
- A red ribbon banner above the coat of arms has STATE OF WEST VIRGINIA written in black
The State Coat of Arms in the center consists of a large boulder in the center commemorating the date West Virginia became a state by having June 20, 1863 inscribed on it. In addition, the boulder is a reminder that most of West Virginia is mountainous.
The man on the left representing farming and forestry as he holds an axe and has a hand on the plough with corn and grain behind him. The man on the right holds a pickaxe with a blacksmith’s tools, anvil and barrels behind him representing mining and industry. In front of the rock are two crossed rifles, symbols of hunting, but with the liberty cap, it also indicates that West Virginia is prepared to protect its freedom.
- The state motto “Montani Semper Liberi” (Mountaineers are always free) is written on a red ribbon below the coat of arms
- The seal is framed with gold trim
- A wreath of Rhododendron, the state flower, surrounds the coat of arms